Millinery Courses with Laura James
Good news hat lovers! If you ever fancied making your own fascinator or want to know how a hat is put together then our Beginners Millinery course will be returning in September 2017! Our first course ran successfully in May of this year, however due to holidays and work commitments over the summer months we have decided to take a brief hiatus from teaching until September.
So grab a pen and put the date in your diary; our next beginners course will be starting on Wednesday 6th September from 6-8pm. The course will run for 4 weeks.
The course cost is £100 per person (students will also be asked to provide some of their own materials). Students will learn the following core millinery techniques;
· Learn to work with sinamay to create bias strips and fascinator bases
· Work with crin to create free form fascinator shapes
· Create sinamay flowers and leaves to trim your hats and fascinators
· Learn to block, wire, stiffen and trim your own pillbox hat
· Work with feathers to trim your hats and fascinators
· Learn to block a felt hood into a cloche or pillbox shape hat
And if you are getting married or a maid of honour looking for alternative Hen Do activities we are proud to introduce our NEW hen do fascinator making workshops! If you fancy getting crafty while enjoying a glass or two of prosecco (‘Bride to be sash’ & Deely bopper headbands optional!) get in touch today to start planning your custom hen do package.
We will be offering two hen do party options – classic fascinator or vintage fascinator. Each workshop will run for 2-3 hours and hen’s will have a beautifully crafted headpiece to wear for your night out or for the wedding itself! Perfect for hat loving brides and bridesmaids!