Behind The Scenes at Aintree Jockey Club
After a restful and relaxing week away visiting friends in Dubai it was back to work and business as usual yesterday, working with a brilliant team on the promotional shoot for the 2018 ladies day ambassadors!
We braved the rain and wind (nothing brings you back to reality after a week in the sun than being greeted by the great British weather!!) to create some amazing images that will be used in the run up to the Grand National Festival. This year Outfit Stores are sponsoring the Best Dressed competition so all the clothes used were from high street stores; Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis and Miss Selfridge. Proving that you don’t have to break the bank when it comes to race season outfits!
My Top Styling Tips for Race Day
- Choose style AND comfort; race days are notoriously long for us girls (6am make up appointment anyone?) so you want to wear something that is comfortable for the long haul. No matter how expensive or fancy the outfit if its crippling you by midday its not a good look
- Dress appropriately; as above, if you’ve chosen a spaghetti strap mini dress that looks GREAT on holiday in tropical climates, it might not look so good in Aintree in April. Weather is so unpredictable in the UK so a smart duster jacket or dress coat will look stylish and keep you warm. If you can’t bare to cover up your outfit a chic pashmina will keep the chill off shoulders. Goose pimples and blue lips are not a good look
- Accessorise; with high street stores upping their game there’s never been a better time to find a great catwalk copy at a fraction of the price. Chose a plain or block colour outfit and accessorise accessorise accessorise! The right shoes, bag and of course the all important HAT will take your Miss Selfridge Trouser Suit or Topshop midi dress to the next level. Invest in good quality accessories that can be paired with different outfits for a polished high end look.
- Make Up; When attending your make up appointment on race day morning it can be tempting to go all out with a fully contoured smoky eyed face. However, race days are exactly that – DAYTIME events. A subtle dewy fresh base with neutral smoky eyes or a classic liner flick look so much more appropriate than a full on glitter evening look. Less is more when it comes to daytime looks!
- Last but not least; remember to pack the essentials – blister plasters, tissues, eyelash glue and hair clips!